Having a code to live by in life is an essential tool for survival. Everyone has a code they adhere to whether they realize it or not. When we write down what we believe in, it solidifies those beliefs. Sometimes, we can even find out we believe in things we didn’t even know we believed in. Therein lies the power of establishing your own code.
Here are the three simple steps for creating your own code:
1. List the ideas, principles or beliefs that you or your brand/company stand for.
2. Refine and define those beliefs.
3. Find examples of how you adhere to your code.
That’s it. Pretty simple right? In case it still seems a little daunting here’s CRVD Media’s code. These are principles my company stands by, no matter what the circumstance.
1. Always Deliver Value – If it’s not making someone’s life easier or better, then it’s not worth doing.
2. Synergy is Essential – Everything needs to work together. Stragglers get left behind and teamwork breeds success.
3. Transparency is Key – Make sure everyone knows what’s going on.
4. Analysis Fosters Success – Analysis will give you direction. If you’re not measuring, you’re doing it wrong.
5. Show People the Light, Instead of Keeping Them in The Dark – There is no benefit when you withhold information. Make sure everyone (clients, team, users) knows what’s going on.
Everything that we do, and I do mean everything, flows from those five principles. It also makes the lives of our clients much easier. So write down your own Code and reap the rewards of consistent and practical strategies. Also, feel free to share your own code in the comments section below. Happy coding.